Thursday, March 13, 2008

Third floor Walls

The interior walls in the third floor attic area of my Beacon Hill are in. The directions for these was a little confusing to me, so I took pictures.


Here is the first set (left hand) according to the instructions. Have to remember these instructions are like stage instructions and are left and right as looking at the FRONT of the house. These three walls slid together on long slits, then were tabbed and glued into place.


The second set (right hand) two walls went together in a similar fashion. Once I figured out what the instructions were trying to tell me to do, it was easy. These will support the mansard roof, which is one of the next steps, and then it will really start looking like a house. I think I need to get wallpaper in soon though, before I close it up any more in there.

My extra junction splices arrived today, so I can get on with the wiring, which will have to precede the wallpaper. They came from Earth and Tree Miniatures in lightning fashion, and the shipping was cheaper than anywhere else. Have a look.

http://dollhouse-miniatures.com/

Time: 2 hours